Somatic Movement Sessions
These sessions are for you if you are:
- Experiencing postural/structural tensions or pain or recovering from an illness
- In the process of integrating the work you are doing, or have done, in traditional psychotherapy
- Exploring past personal trauma as well as navigating a pathway through the everyday stresses of life toward a sense of greater well-being
- Experiencing chronic stress and fatigue and would like to learn to relax more
- In need of more efficient (effective) movement (dancers, athletes)
- Rehabilitating or dealing with impaired movement
- Wanting to be more in touch with, or learn more about your body; yourself; your relationships; or the connection between your body-mind and expression
How I do it:
- Using movement and hands-on work
- Analyzing your movement qualities and patterns and helping you find new patterns
- Using my hands to guide movement that will help you find new ways of expressing yourself
Sessions are usually table- and/or floor-based and may include any or all of the following modalities: hands-on therapeutic bodywork, movement analysis and re-education, developmental movement, breath awareness, mindfulness and yoga postures.
Fee: sliding scale from $55 to $95
Each session is 60 -75 min long.